Review the following "Step-by-Step Checklist" of " Questions To Ask During The Annual Review" and act on those which align best with the district's existing evaluation policies, procedures, and the Wisconsin Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology for Evaluation of Effectiveness (appendix B).
Questions that, may be addressed during the annual review include:
• Is assistive technology equipment in place and actively being used?
• Does the equipment help the student to accomplish goals stated on the IEP?
• Is the equipment still appropriate for the student's physical size and abilities?
• How does the student feel about using the equipment?
• Has the use of assistive technology increased least restrictive environment options?
• Should placement be changed?
• Is appropriate training being provided to the student, teacher, related service and transition service providers, and/or the parents?
• Should new equipment or upgrades to existing equipment be considered?
• Has long term planning relative to assistive technology been considered?
• Are assistive technology services being implemented successfully?
• What needs to be changed